Thursday, December 12, 2013

Covering a box with fabric

Today, I decided to cover the box for Emily in fabric.  It was a bit of a daunting task and I really wish I could have done it in the garage but it's kind of cold.  So I did it inside.  I have decided that I'm not fond of spray adhesive.  It smells and I got a bunch on my fingers.  Fortunately, I was able to get most of the adhesive off with acetone.  It worked out ok.  I had taken the clasp and hinges off before putting the fabric on and I was able to successfully screw them back in.  I think I need to tack down the edges with regular glue figure out how to do the top and bottom.



Lion Brand has an awesome article about a napkin with appropriate responses to make to crafters.  This one is for knitting/crochet.  


Here's my modified version for cross stitchers:

1 comment:

  1. That box looks wonderful. I love the fabric! Hee hee, love that list too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(