Thursday, December 19, 2013

Some Progress

I found out last week that I am not going to be able to get everything I wanted to get done for Christmas in time for Christmas.

First, once I ordered that Just Cross Stitch DVD with all the issues from 2001-2010, I changed my mind on some of the ornaments for Emily's box.  This also meant I had to order some materials that I didn't have, including Fuzzy White stuff from Rainbow Gallery (and I found out that both 123stitch and ABCstitch don't carry it).  Second, the cottage I have been working on requires By Jupiter! charms (also not carried by those two stores).  I ended up ordering everything I needed from Needle in the Haystack in San Francisco.  The store comes highly recommended from Edgar of Blacksheep Blog so I decided to give it a try.  They were out of stock of a lot of stuff but are ordering it for me but I won't see most of it until late December or early January.  It's fine because I think I was running out of time to get everything done.

Honestly, I'm getting tired to ornaments so I'll shoot for Emily's birthday instead to get the remaining ones done.  I decided to do some more stitching on the cottage.



I am also starting a project that I am hoping to finish by February for my wedding anniversary.  Here's what it will look like:


I cut the linen yesterday.  It's 28 count Waterlily Linen

Ok, that looked a lot better before I uploaded it.  It's a light green.
I am also using some new-to-me fibers for this project:  Kreinik Silk Mori Milkpaint.  I hope to start stitching tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(